Thursday, April 10, 2008

Tired Thursday...

Today the girls did something they haven't done in quite a while: They slept in until 8:30! I was able to get up, have a shower, and start some coffee before they woke up (on top of being able to lounge in bed until 8 myself!).

Emily has popped 2 new teeth up (finally!), bringing the grand total to 4. I look at her these days and barely recognize the plump, rolly-poly baby with the gummy grin. They grow up so fast! She's moving around so much that she's slimmed down quite a bit, and the teeth have changed her smile completely. She still has Daddy's crinkly eyes, but other than that, she seems like a different baby to me.


It doesn't help that today we met with our baby playgroup (aka Playgroup v2.0), and most of the babies are a few months younger than Emily. I was a bit nostalgic for the days of a pudgy little baby who fell asleep while nursing while my Emily was cruising around a train table and playing Tinker Toys with her sister. *sigh* She'll be off to college before I know it!

Here's a shot of some of our second generation:


The rest of our day was spent cooking - Ava helped me make some yummy spinach lasagna and an apple crisp for dinner. She loves to help cook so much - must be genetic! Our produce was delivered today and we received a TON of greens and apples...way more than usual. Here's the recipe I used, only I used apples instead of peaches. Someday, I hope I have as nice of a camera and/or the time to take step by step pictures like Pioneer Woman does. Her commentary cracks me up, and her recipes are wonderful (though sadly, not very waistline friendly - special occasion cooking only!).

No comments:

Post a Comment