Thursday, June 26, 2008

My 3rd annual 28th birthday...

Well, another year bites the dust. Someone told me earlier this week that 60 is the new 50. So does that mean that 31 is the new 21?? I suppose a night of drunken debautchery would be fun, but not when I have a 3 year old and an almost 1 year old to look after in the morning!



Instead, I chose to celebrate my birthday by doing the normal things I do every day...dealt with some MOMS Club business (I'm now officially the chapter president...woohoo!), ran some errands, went to our last Gymboree class, baked, and cleaned up while the girls were napping (someone asked me how many times a day I sweep...the answer is 3. I miss having a dog!). I did break from the norm and allow my girlfriend to buy me a birthday gelato after our kids had Gymboree together.

Ava eating my ice cream:



I ended up making a strawberry rhubarb crisp instead of a pie, and if I do say so myself, it turned out pretty well. The highlight of my day was Ava jumping up on her stage (the fireplace) to sing me a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday" in several musical styles. My ears are still ringing, but it was the best birthday song I've ever had.

Joel took the girls, my mom, and I out to sushi (Ava's request), and we came back to devour the crisp. Thanks to my mom for the new ice cream maker (be prepared for LOTS of ice cream recipe reviews on this blog!), and thanks to my wonderful husband for a much needed day at the spa. And thanks to all of my friends and family for the sweet birthday calls, emails, and wishes throughout the day. I am so lucky to have you all in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment