Monday, September 22, 2008

Fish, music, crumpets

This weekend, we headed to Seattle to visit Josh and Natalie and to celebrate my mom's 49th (for the 11th time) birthday. It was a long drive, but so worth it - we hit up Pike Place Market, watched the guys at the fish counter throw an insanely large tuna into a packing box, gazed at the original Starbucks (the line was waaaay too long), bought crumpets at The Crumpet Shop, had some amazing tea at this little hole in the wall place, and visited the Seattle Aquarium.

Today, the girls and I headed to Mudpuddles for their free music and movement session. If you live in the 'burbs like I do, you don't have a whole lot of options for things to do with your kids once the rain starts. Mudpuddles is such a great store - they carry learning toys, a fabulous selection of children's books, and art supplies; and they have free in store craft and music sessions. Both of the girls love the music session and the leader, Miss Debbie, is wonderful. It's nice to have a place to go that isn't a huge drive and that's free.

the girls at the tea shop:


The octopus in the tube:



The fish in the ceiling:


the girls being silly:


Me and my mommy (and sleeping Emily):


A very, very happy birthday to my mom. I hope my skin looks half that good when I'm 60!

No comments:

Post a Comment