Saturday, December 13, 2008

Yeah, I'm a klutz...

You know, for someone who spend 20 years of their life in at least one type of dance class, I've become a complete klutz. I blame the fact that bearing children has moved my center of gravity. Yeah, that's it. I've now sprained my ankle twice in the last year. This time it happened on Wednesday afternoon, and sadly I can't blame wine. So I blame childbearing! Or old age. Either way, I slipped on a step in front of the garage door. Luckily I wasn't holding one (or both!) of the girls. Either way, it definitely put a damper on the plans I had for Thursday and Friday.

The great thing about Ava is that she can actually be extremely focused for a 3 year old...as long as it is on something that she is passionate about. And lucky for me, the two things in life that she likes to do most are art and cooking/baking. So, Thursday after school we did a whole bunch of art projects and Friday, we invited her friends over for a cookie decorating party. This party was supposed to happen on Wednesday, but a few of the babies in the group were sick, and then the whole ankle thing happened. So, Friday afternoon we had our hospital playgroup over and the big kids decorated the cookies that Ava and I spent 3 hours (!!!) mixing, rolling, cutting out, and baking. I was impressed at how far their creativity has come since last year. They actually attempted to decorate, rather that just pile the frosting and sprinkles on. Ava concentrated the longest...her freinds were happy to decorate one cookie each and then left the table to play. She wanted to stay there for over an hour and just decorate. And then when everyone left, she decorated for another hour. I really am starting to believe her when she tells people that she wants to "make da cakes for da bry-eeds" whenever they ask her what she wants to do when she grows up.

Emily loves art, especially finger painting! We added some glitter to this masterpiece when it was finished and she gave the best ever happy toddler squeal:

Here's Ava working on a Star of David made of popsicle sticks, paint, glitter, and sparkles:

The big kids decorating (and doing a great job of being tidy, I might add!):

Ava wanted all of the pink sprinkles and icing to herself...shocker!:
The toddlers really didn't care about cookie decorating. They were just happy to climb all over the table and fireplace:

No comments:

Post a Comment