Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Out of the mouths of babes, part 2

Scene: Post MOMS Club afternoon coffee break, hosted at Mama's house. Mama surveys the damage (dress up clothes everywhere, shelf in bedroom pulled off of wall and used as a slide).

Mouthy 4 year old: Mama! I'm huuuuuuuuunnnnnnngrrrrrrry. Where's my dinner?

Mama looks at mouthy 4 year old and feels inspired. Pesky toddler has a doubtful look on her face.

Mama: Wouldn't it be nice if you helped me pick up the dress up clothes and put them away? I would be able to get dinner on the table a lot more quickly.

Mouthy 4 year old: MAMA! I clean ALL DAY LONG! I'm not cleaning anymore today!

Mouthy 4 year old tosses her hair back and goes into her room, slamming her bedroom door behind her. Mama contemplates sending Mouthy to a preschool in a different country. Like China.

Mama: Alas, I poured all of the Bailey's into my morning coffee.

Pesky toddler thinks that this is the funniest thing the Mama has said all day and starts laughing like a banshee.

No comments:

Post a Comment