Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Summer comes early

After much deliberation, we finally decided to remove Ava from her preschool. There was a lot of back and forth and trying to get us to stay. Ultimately, they wouldn't change their policies, so our summer vacation is starting 6 weeks earlier!

I'm going to take my friend Traci's advice and enjoy my extra mornings with Ava. She's more fun these days than ever, and loves to do the same things I am doing. Sadly, Emily and Mama's one on one outings will be at an end, but hey, she's the second child - she's getting the raw end of the deal no matter what.

So far, Ava seems unphased. We've got some playdates with her school friends planned in the next few weeks, and I hope to continue them throughout the summer.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you had such a struggle with her school, I know you were all enjoying it. Not the struggle...the school ;-) But I can't agree more that this is such a wonderful age and you all will have so much fun together during this break--the best season for open ended (re: outdoor!) play in PDX, in my opinion.

    I don't know about Emily getting the raw end of the deal...she gets the amazing gift of growing up with an older sibling, which is something Ava will never have. Ava may have had more 1-on-1 attention, but Emily gets sister love from the get-go. Can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete