Sunday, May 31, 2009

dreams

3 weeks ago today I had a strange dream. I dreamed that I woke up early in the morning and the first thing that I saw was Max, laying in bed next to me. He was so tiny, just the size of my daughters' baby dolls. I stared at him for a few minutes, watching him kick and move his little arms. Then I heard a voice say, "Mama, don't worry. I'm okay. I'm alright. Don't worry, Mama." I reached out for Max, but woke before I could hold him.

Having had two previous losses, including our loss in August, I was certain that this dream was to reassure me that my son was indeed okay. After all, every appointment lead to a healthy heart rate and every ultrasound showed a perfect, healthy, wiggling baby. Amazing how the brain somehow knows what the body tries to deny over and over.

This morning, I had the same dream. I woke up laying on my side with my arm stretched out...reaching for my darling, dearest boy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Allie... your sweet baby is alright- actually he's better than alright! I'm glad that you are having reassuring dreams. I so wish that he could have had a long, long life and I hate it that you have had to face this pain again.

    I'm praying for you. You are a strong lady. Your children (all of them) are so blessed to have you as a mother!

    ReplyDelete