Monday, May 4, 2009

rainy days and mondays

The girls have been passing a cold back and forth for the past three months (what is UP with this cold season?!?! Our pediatrician says it's the worst she's seen in 25 years)...I've been fighting it off since February, and finally, it got me. Joel was a peach and let me stay in bed all day yesterday, but I still feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Meh. Luckily, I still have some contraband Sudafed (Thanks, Barb!) to tide me over. Anyone have any real (as in, you can't buy it in Oregon) Nyquil?? I'll pay!

I planned this week's meals while I was still feeling somewhat healthy, but I'm thinking I might also make a nice batch of chicken noodle soup today. I've got a few chicken carcasses in the freezer, along with some shredded chicken, so time to use it all up.

The bread is rising, the girls are coloring pictures of our wacky weekend storm and eating grapes (and making grape eyes!), I'm trying to pretend that my ears aren't trying to fly off of my head, and the TV is on (and will be...all day long...mama needs quiet!).

Monday: Yucatan Black Beans, Brown Rice, Spinach Salad

Tuesday: Chicken Scampi over angel hair pasta, roasted veggies

Wednesday: Broccoli Cheese Pie, Spinach Salad

Thursday: Smoky Shrimp Over Cheesy Grits, fruit salad

Friday: Homemade Pizza - Buffalo Chicken for grown-ups, Margarita for kiddos

Saturday: Date night/Out

Sunday: Whatever the family wants to cook!

1 comment: