Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cookies & Cream Pudding Pops

It's HOT out, folks.  Especially for us wimps in the Pacific Northwest.  So what's a girl to do?  Make pudding pops, of course!  Remember those awesome commercials with Bill Cosby from the 80s?  And the even more awesome pudding pops?  Yum.  I've heard that they are available again but that they taste weird.  So...my girls and I decided to just make our own :)

This is so easy that my nearly 6 year old could do it herself!

What you need:

Instant pudding mix (we used vanilla, but it would be super yummy with cheesecake flavor!)
Cream filled sandwich cookies - (mini Oreos in a tiny container mean no leftovers for me to eat later!)
Milk


Take a handful of cookies, put them in a zipper bag, hand your kid a rolling pin, and let her go to town.



When she's you're done, they should look like this.  Mmmmmm...cookie crumbs...


Meanwhile, make the pudding according to the directions on the package (usually, pour in the milk and whisk for 2 minutes).  Don't worry about letting it thicken - it will do that while it's freezing.

Stir in the cookie crumbs.



Now, spoon the pudding into popsicle molds and be sure to tap them a few times to get any air bubbles out.



Freeze until firm and enjoy!


3 comments:

  1. These look delicious :) This totally inspires me to try to make a chocolate frozen yogurt and honey mint (Trader Joe's peppermint patties) version...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummo! I am pretty plain, vanilla is my favorite, but cookies n' cream is a SUPER close second, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yummy! Thanks for sharing at my Pin Me Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete