Thursday, September 12, 2013

Tested and Reviewed: The Viewfinder Tee by See Kate Sew

I've been busy as a bee with back to school sewing, including testing 3 patterns, and I get to share 1 with you today!

If you read sewing blogs, then of course, you know the lovely Kate from See Kate Sew.  She's got great style and I just love her annual Ruffle Series!  You should definitely check the ruffle apron from this year out - so adorable :)  Kate just released a new pattern collection - the Nostalgia Collection - and I got to test the Viewfinder Tee.

 

 The Viewfinder Tee is a dolman sleeved tee with a hi-lo hemline.  I made a few in a size 8 and they fit my slender 8 year old just perfectly. 


I made this first version out of a pretty thick knit with sort of a floral lace print on it - my daughter helped me pick the fabric and thought it was perfect for a big girl.  This fabric is from Joann's fall line and is SO soft! 


I love the wider neckline, and the sleeves are about as easy as can be - in fact, this whole shirt can be made in less than an hour, including cutting!  If you've never sewn with knits before, this is a great place to start - only 4 pattern pieces and NO serger required :)


It looks great with some skinny jeans and boots for fall, but would be perfect for summer with some shorts.  Best of all - it only takes 2/3 of a yard of fabric for a size 8!  I plan on making a ton - it's such a great pattern!


I made this version with some tribal print from Girl Charlee.  I bought this a while ago, so it looks like they are out of stock, but they do have a few other tribal prints (and hello - their prices are amazing!!).


I love the way it looks with leggings (more on that pattern test soon!), and of course, this was approved by my little model as "The Most Comfy Outfit EVER!"  Gold Star for Mama :)

 


The Viewfinder Tee pattern is for sizes 9/12M-8.  You can purchase it here, or as part of the Nostalgia Collection here.
 
Thanks, Kate, for letting me test such a great pattern!
 
The Details:
Pattern: Viewfinder Tee by See Kate Sew
Size Tested: 8
Fabric Used: a thick interlock from Joann, and a thin tee shirt material from Girl Charlee

1 comment:

  1. I love both of them! That lace print gray knit is amazing...I'm going to have to peek in JoAnns soon and see if my store has it in stick!

    ReplyDelete