Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Spooky Outfits - Last Minute Halloween Outift Ideas

Well, I guess you can say that I got my second Kids' Clothing Week wind!  Better late than never, right?  A costume, and now these little outfits too!

For my oldest, I just added some ruffles to an existing t shirt.  I used a piece of ribbing as the base, and just sewed the ruffle rows right on.  It's perfect with leggings, and I think it will still fit next year!




I used my super fast rolled edge hem on the ruffles - the whole thing took less than an hour including cutting time!  Easy peasy :)



For my little one, I made a ruffle skirt, again using knit as the base, but more in line with this tutorial.  Which, by the way, is fabulous - I've made several and they turn out so cute!



 
This girl LOVES ruffles, so I made sure to make it "super poofy" per her request.  She picked that witch fabric out herself - the witches are sewing and knitting, which she thought was just hilarious.
 

Stay tuned for a few more spooky outfits tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. These are super cute too!! I am also a ruffle lover but I find them tedious to make and they take so much fabric. This makes me really admire those who use them :)

    ReplyDelete