Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Tried and Tested: The Endless Dress by Jocole Patterns

Well hello!

Yes, it's been quiet around these parts, but I have several reasons, which I will be sharing with you in the next few weeks.  HINT: the sewing machine has been a-rockin!



First up, I was able to test Jocole Pattern's new design - The Endless Dress.  Why Endless?  Well, because there are a TON of options to customize this sweet little number!  Jocole offers an expansion pack with even more options so really, the possibilities are ENDLESS!

For my version, I went with what my almost 9 year old wanted.  She has really been playing a lot with her Kit Kitteridge AG Doll, so she asked for something similar to what Kit would wear.  We went shopping together and she fell in love with this aqua floral fabric.  The tiny white and grey flowers remind me of the chicken feed dress that Kit's mom made for her!



Since springtime in Seattle is still pretty chilly, I chose the 3/4 sleeve option, and then added cuffs of my own design.

I love the sweet collar, and the fit is very true to size.  The best part of this pattern?  It goes from Newborn to size 14 AND includes a doll dress pattern!  Such a great deal!



The construction for this dress is very straightforward, and the instructions were easy to follow.  My only complaint (and really, it's not much of one!) is that with all of the options, the pattern is long, but there are jump links so you don't have to scroll through the whole thing.  The pattern pieces themselves came together quickly and the pieces didn't take long to cut out.



Check out the Jocole Facebook Page for some great variations so you can see just how versatile the Endless Dress really is! 

The Details:
Pattern: The Endless Dress with Volume One Add on Pack by Jocole Patterns
Size: 8
Modifications made: None
Fabric Used: Quilting Cotton, found at Joann Fabric
Overall Thoughts: This is a great pattern with a big range of sizes with tons of options.  Easy construction and clear instructions.  Perfect for someone who is intimidated to sew a dress for the first time.

Stay tuned for more fun projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment